HCC Commercial Contracting in the Fort Worth DFW areas strives in taking great care in waterproofing their projects. Here HCC Contracting is applying a THRU WALL flashing on an exterior wall.
AIR-SHIELD™ THRU-WALL FLASHING
AIR-SHIELD THRU-WALL FLASHING is a self-adhering, flexible membrane flashing. It is a roll-type product that is nominally 40 mils thick. This material is an air, vapor, and liquid moisture barrier.
AIR-SHIELD THRU-WALL FLASHING is a concealed flashing for masonry concrete, wood/steel frames, and roofing applications – door and window lintels, sills, spandrel beams, caps, and parapets. AIR-SHIELD THRU-WALL FLASHING is designed for use as a thru-wall flashing and damp proofing course.
- Controlled thickness membrane is ideal for flashing membrane applications.
- Cross-laminated polyethylene film has excellent tensile strength, elongation, and tear-resistance.
- Modified membrane is flexible at low temperatures.
- Rugged membrane can actually fold to shape during application as a thru-wall flashing.
- Excellent adhesion to prepared substrates of precast concrete, cast-in-place concrete, masonry (concrete block), interior and exterior gypsum board, Styrofoam, primed steel, aluminum mill finish, anodized aluminum, primed galvanized metal, drywall, and plywood.
- Self-healing characteristics facilitate recovery if minimal damage is sustained under normal use applications.
- No flame required.
- Low temperature version also available for use in temperatures down to 20˚ F (-7˚ C),